Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Ladies who lunch...

Today was the quintessential New England fall day... a little sun, cool, a touch of rain. After 6 months of separation, Lilly and I had a wonderful lunch full of good wine, warm soup and productive conversation. It was very rewarding to make a plan with her and actually see it through. As mother's of small kids, sometimes life gets in the way of mommy time, but not today.

After some refreshing small talk we got down to the business of rebuilding a friendship. I went into this meeting with my heart wide open, ready to her her side of the events without judgment. It is hard not to be empathetic to someone who can be honest and say they handled things poorly. Lilly shared with me and I shared with her... making our lunch the start of a new, better friendship.

Details tomorrow... now bed.

0 comments: